Life as a student can be demanding: there are classes, papers, part-time jobs, commutes, and extra-curricular commitments, all while trying to make time for your friends, family, and yourself!
It can be difficult to maintain, but here are 4 easy steps to help you beat burnout and keep your life balanced:
• Carve 5 or more minutes a day for yourself doing an activity you enjoy (do nothing else in this time!)
• Make rest a priority! Sleep / uninterrupted rest is imperative to keeping your body functioning at its best.
• Be comfortable saying No. The quickest path to burnout is not understanding your limits. Learning how to say No makes you focus only on the things that matter most.
• List it! Write a list of important tasks from most to least; this helps place your energy where it is needed most!
• Unplug! Give your brain time throughout the day to be disconnected from social media or your phone, allowing for rest and recharge.
Utilize these 5 tips during your busiest times studying, writing or working to feel calmer and in control!